A good insurance policy is a pre-requisite to keep your all-terrain vehicle (ATV) protected in case of an unfortunate incident. Insurance is also imperative to protect against any kind of liability in case you are involved in an accident that causes damage to someone else’s property. A comprehensive insurance plan can help in saving a lot of money in the event of any damage.
Listed below are some reasons why you should consider buying an ATV insurance policy:
- Provides protection for your ATV: ATVs are high-priced vehicles and you may have to incur significant financial losses if you do not have proper coverage for it. Repairing or replacing an ATV can put a big burden on your pocket. So, it is better to invest in an insurance policy to save yourself from unexpected monetary liabilities.
- Provides collision coverage: This type of coverage is important if your ATV gets damaged due to a collision with a heavy object or another vehicle. The insurance company will pay for the repair and replacement costs required for the ATV. However, you need to keep in mind that collision coverage accounts for only certain types of damage and you may need additional protection for scratches, dents or similar harm to the vehicle.
- Coverage for bodily injury: It covers the medical costs for the injuries suffered by you as well as the other party in an accident. ATVs are heavy duty vehicles and any accident can lead to serious injuries. Therefore, you need to make sure that you have sufficient coverage to pay for any physical harm that may occur while driving the ATV.
- Comprehensive coverage: If you buy comprehensive coverage for your ATV, you will be protected in case the vehicle gets stolen or damaged due to fire, vandalism, flood and other such disasters. In the case of comprehensive coverage, you need to pay the deductible and the insurance policy will cover the complete cost of replacing your ATV. Most comprehensive coverage also includes the custom parts and equipment attached to the ATV.
- Uninsured motorist policy: This coverage is useful if you get involved in an accident with an uninsured driver. You will be paid for all the medical expenses and any lost wages due to the accident. In this type of coverage, you have the option to choose the limit up to which you want to be covered.
If you are looking for comprehensive ATV insurance in McAllen, TX, consider Smith-Reagan Insurance Agency. For more information about the coverage options, you can call us at (956) 399 – 1353.