Car insurance is a legal requirement if you want to remain eligible for driving. It is also essential in case you have an unfortunate accident in your car and need immediate financial help. Apart from basic coverage, you can opt for additional coverage to get comprehensive car insurance. However, the minimum amount of coverage required is liability coverage which may from one state to another. Make sure you check your state rules before opting for a specific car insurance policy.
There are different types of coverage options provided under an auto insurance policy. You need to choose the right amount of coverage depending on your requirements. The various types of coverage are:
- Liability coverage: Under this, you will be provided financial protection for bodily injury and coverage for personal property.
- Collision coverage: In case your car gets damaged due to collision with another vehicle or any other object, the insurance agency will pay for the damage incurred.
- Comprehensive coverage: This type of coverage provides coverage for losses due to auto accident, floods, fire etc.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): You will be paid all the medical expenses in case of an injury due to an auto accident. Not only this, wages lost and rehabilitation expenses are also covered under this category.
- Uninsured/ Underinsured motorist coverage: This type of coverage provides bodily injury and property damage protection in case the other party involved in a car accident is uninsured or inadequately insured.
- Car insurance is important because of the following reasons:
- Provides protection: In the event of a car accident, your insurance policy will provide you the requisite protection. Apart from the car, an insurance also safeguards other people involved in the accident. If someone from your family is driving the car at the time of accident, an auto insurance policy will prove to be beneficial for him/ her as well.
- Immediate financial and legal help: When you get involved in a car accident, the insurance agency will provide financial help for getting the car repaired. Not only this, your car will be towed and you will be provided any legal expenses in case you are pleaded guilty or the other party drags you to the court.
- Get payout for third-party damage: A comprehensive car insurance policy provides coverage for third-party damage as well as injury. The insurance agency will also pay for an incident where your car is stolen or damaged in fire. Irrespective of the fault of any party, you will be paid charges for any damage occurred to your own vehicle. Moreover, any loss or damage to the car due to theft, explosion, flood, earthquake, cyclone and hailstorm etc. is also covered under comprehensive auto insurance policy.
We, at Smith-Reagan Insurance Agency
, provide comprehensive car insurance policies in Brownsville, TX. For more information, call at (956) 399 – 1353.